July 2020 Nor’Easter
Do you know friends or families that will be joining the Scouting adventure in the fall? There is no need to wait! We encourage all friends and families to register in the month of July to take advantage of the Friends and Family Earlybird registration of $30 (through December).
That’s a savings of more than $20 when they register during July. To take advantage of this savings the completed application and registration fee need to be turned in to the Council Service Center before July 31st.
Scout On Ideas
If you are looking for ways Scouts can continue to Scout On, you have found the right place.
- Get Outside with your Family
- Camping with your family
- Learn about cooking
- Take part in your unit activities either via technology or socially distanced
- Take part in the 31 Day Challenge to start working on Merit Badges Find at Scouting.org/Scouting-At-Home/
Recruitment Game Plan: Step 1
The school year is coming soon and we know it is going to be a different environment. In order to “Be Prepared” for what the fall may bring, we are asking for your help in finding out how we can partner with your school to invite more kids into the Scouting family. We are asking each unit (Pack and Troop) to help fill in the master spreadsheet.
- Identify your unit’s School Champion. This person will contact the school(s) that feed into your unit to collect information for the fall.
- Collect information from the school(s). This information will inform the council membership team how we together can partner with the school for recruitment. Information includes:
- How school is being held in the fall (virtual/In-Person/Hybrid)?
- Are outside groups are allowed on-site?
- Can the school distribute a flyer?
- What is the link to the PTA Facebook page?
- Can the parking lot be used for a drive-thru recruitment night?
- Enter the collected information into the master spreadsheet. All the required categories are included in the top column of the spreadsheet located at: https://rb.gy/vafe2e.
- Confirm the following information about the unit on the Unit tab of the Master spreadsheet.
- My unit has updated their BeAScout pin
- My unit has turned on the capacity to accept online registrations
- My unit has turned in their Unit Calendar to firstname.lastname@example.org
The council membership team is working on creating resources and training to promote virtual recruitment sessions. Watch for more information moving forward. If you have a question, please reach out to email@example.com
Scout Me In Challenge
We are 1 month into the Scout Me In Challenge and over 50 families are participating in the fun activities. With activities that include family, nature, STEM, service, and physical fitness, the Scout Me In Challenge is giving families a chance to experience Cub Scout fun.
There is still time to join in on the fun AND ask others to join you! In fact—the July Challenges were just released! Head over to https://mailchi.mp/scouting/smichallenge to get signed up and join the fun!
And remember, you don’t have to be a current Scout to take part in the free Scout Me In Challenge. Encourage other families to check it out!
The pandemic has brought the Council together through Council-wide Virtual Roundtable meetings. Over 60 leaders from both the Dubuque and Dellaykee districts have been meeting virtually to talk about how they are Scouting On and helping each other through this interesting time.
Don’t miss out on the July virtual roundtable. We will be discussing more online tools, popcorn, and recruitment.
Date: Thursday, July 16
Time: 7:00 PM
To Register: https://rb.gy/yg7moj
Popcorn sales will kick-off on September 19! This year we are offering some new products and will be offering ways to sell while practicing social distancing.
Stay tuned for more popcorn information as we get geared up for an amazing popcorn sale!
August is coming quick! That means fall recruitment. Here are the top 2 things you can do to Be Prepared.
Packs: #1 Update your BeAScout pin. #2 Select leaders and get them trained.
Troops: #1 Update your BeAScout pin. #2.Take a look at your New Scout Guide.
July 13—Boy Scout Golf Classic
July 16—Council-Wide Virtual Roundtable
August 21-23—OA Fall Fellowship
September 15 & 17—Popcorn Dinners
September 19—Popcorn Sale Kick-Off
September 21—Camp C.S. Klaus Golf Outing
Scout On! Trading Post
Looking for just the right items for your Scout’s scrapbook? Highlight all they’ve done with BSA scrapbooking paper and embellishments.
Summer brings growth and transitions. As your Scout prepares for Webelos, get them prepared with a new tan shirt, olive pants and belt, Webelos neckerchief, hat, and colors.
Email Nettie with your order today!